1password hidden icon iPad Home Screen

Options
2Oz
2Oz
Community Member

1Password7 icon suddenly disappeared/hidden from iPad and iPhone Home Screens. How do I make reappear?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.4.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password icon disappeared from iPad Home Screen

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @2Oz

Sorry to hear about the case of the disappearing icon. Is it possible you inadvertently moved it to a different page or inside of a folder? If so you should be able to move it back once you've located it:

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

If the app was deleted you can download a fresh copy from the App Store:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

I hope that helps!

Ben

• 2Oz
    2Oz
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve looked at all folders and pages and been unable to locate. It does, however, show in the bar of apps at the bottom, so it’s somewhere. That makes me think that the 'page' icon may have accidentally been hidden, but can't seem to find how to 'unhide' (if that’s the case).
    I’ll keep mucking around. NOTE: It did reappear on my iPhone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@2Oz:

It did reappear on my iPhone.

That's great to hear, thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• 2Oz
    2Oz
    Community Member
    Options

Not resolved, because the original issue is icon missing on iPad! Still not on any screen or in any folder. It does show In the dock. I can search to open it, as well. But, Home Screen icon is not there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@2Oz:

In your previous post you wrote this:

It does, however, show in the bar of apps at the bottom, so it’s somewhere.

I am not aware of a way in iOS to have an icon both in the dock and in one of the screens, but I also admit I have never found myself thinking about whether this was possible. My recommendation would be to reach out to Apple directly about this, since whatever happened seems to be an iOS thing, and they are definitely the experts here ;)

• 2Oz
    2Oz
    Community Member
    Options

I'd had just upgraded to iPadOS 14.5. It’s another variable.

• rudy
    Options

@2Oz,

The dock is one of the locations you can place your app icons on iPadOS, if its in the dock you're not going to additionally find it elsewhere on the pages or folders of applications you have.

• 2Oz
    2Oz
    Community Member
    Options

Resolved. Thanks for the support!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.