How can I see the password that 1Password has entered or is about to enter in a login field?

Options

I find I'm being overprotected from myself. 1Password keeps me from seeing what it is about to enter (or already entered) into a field. ...and... if I am entering in a new password that was sent to me, since I can't see that I've typed it in correctly, I'm fearful to have 1Password update the login. I would strongly recommend that 1PW at least give us users the option to see the hidden stuff. In addition, I would like to see some options to edit the 1PW record at the point where we are entering the login. View and Edit would be very useful. Does 1PW havesome other "suggestion box" ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I see the password that 1Password has entered in a login field?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobarnett!

I am not sure I completely understand the concern, can you please elaborate? For example, you wrote:

if I am entering in a new password that was sent to me, since I can't see that I've typed it in correctly, I'm fearful to have 1Password update the login.

If this password was sent to you, could you not copy and paste it instead of entering it manually, so you are sure there will not be typos?

Alternatively, could you not enter the password in 1Password first, so you can see that it is correct, and then fill it on the website? The fact that you cannot see what you are typing is a feature of the website, not of 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.