[Feature request]: Linked login entries

Fermin
Fermin
Community Member

Hi

I've seen that this is not the first time this has come up. But all discussions were closed, from what I can see without any real commitment as to a rough timeline when this could be implemented. Some examples of previous requests: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/56758#Comment_56758, https://1password.community/discussion/59327/linking-passwords-of-different-objects

The scenario is simple: it all concerns the same account, for example in my Active Directory: "home\fermin". This is the master account, all changes are done on this account only. This account is then synchronized to other services, for example Office 365. The login name there, however, is my email address - for example "fermin@ferminsdomain.com". Now depending on where I log in, the user name will either be "home\fermin", "fermin" or "fermin@ferminsdomain.com". Behind that there's always just the same account, therefore the same password. I'm most certainly not reusing my password, it's always the same "physical" account behind it. So if my Active Directory forces me to change the password, it's one change affecting everything.

The "solution" for now is to have multiple objects, all with the same password, for each format of user name. The problem with that is of course the "Reused password" flag being raised, and more importantly the added effort of having to update multiple entries every time my domain password needs to be changed.

Please consider adding the option of designating an entry as a "main password entry", and then allowing linking multiple entries as "linked password" entries. Basically the "password" field on those entries wouldn't be editable (maybe providing a link that directly opens the "main" entry?). The rest of the fields, especially "username" and "URLs", would then be editable on those "linked" entries. Thank you!

Regards
Fermin Sanchez

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: 5.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 11.2.3
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fermin!

We don't have a timeline on whether, and if, this will be implemented, so in the meantime I have sent your feedback to the developers as a feature request, so they know you would like to see this too :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

• samuelvisser
    samuelvisser
    Community Member

I've got the same problem. Thing is, 1password actually already has an option to link accounts. When i did this, i was fully expecting the warning to disappear, but it didn't. Why not disable the warning if the duplicate password is in a explicitly linked account?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That could indeed be one of the options @samuelvisser :+1:

This discussion has been closed.