password history

TdotTbot
TdotTbot
Community Member

Why does 1password for IOS have password history option, but 1password 7 desktop addition for Mac doesn't? Please explain as both are synced and both are under the same subscription. So if I didn't have the phone I wouldn't have that option?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password history

Comments

• @TdotTbot

In 1Password 7.7, the password history option has been relocated.

Open 1Password, and on the password section, click the downward-facing arrow. Once you do that, you will see the option for password history.

• TdotTbot
    TdotTbot
    Community Member

Thank you, appreciate it.

• You're welcome. :chuffed:

• N4HHE
    N4HHE
    Community Member

Doesn't work for me because I bought 1Password and do not have a subscription?

Changed a password today that I thought was for a subsite of another site and have seemingly lost the old password. I don't like this change to the desktop/laptop version because when I am looking at a login/password record is when I want to know when it was last updated, and that is when/where I would want to see the old passwords.

OK, I find it in the iPhone app. Clumsy to copy the old password to the note field to get it back to the desktop.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@N4HHE:

Doesn't work for me because I bought 1Password and do not have a subscription?

You don't need a subscription to get this feature ;)

What do you see when you expand the menu there, when you click on the password field?

• zx1986
    zx1986
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.1 (70801004)
    Mac App Store

where is my password history?????????

this post not help at all !!!
    https://support.1password.com/item-history/#manage-who-can-restore-previous-versions

can not find this at all !!!
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/579009

YOUR UI Make me so angry!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zx1986:

You are in the right place in your screenshot, but the password history entry will only show up there in case there are previous passwords for this specific item. In this case, it doesn't seem like there are for this specific Login item.

This discussion has been closed.