Where do I enter my stand alone license?

I am running on a stand alone license, trying to set up a new laptop. 1P is installed, connected to my vault and currently read only. It is giving me the option to enter a license, when I select that it opens a file explorer window. I have my license number saved as a 1P record, I do not have it as a file. Is there a way I can just type in my license?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @gusbus

It sounds as if you may be confusing types. Are you using a membership, by chance, and referring to a Secret Key?

• Please, do not send in screenshots containing sensitive information. e.g., passwords. Additionally, never share your Master Password or Secret Key with anyone, including us!
  • gusbus
    gusbus
    Community Member

I am not using a membership. I bought a stand alone license that I should be able to use on any laptop. The app gives an option to enter a license, but I cannot key it in, it is opening a file explorer window. My simple question is where do I put my license into a new installation.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gusbus:

The app gives an option to enter a license, but I cannot key it in, it is opening a file explorer window.

1Password licenses are in file format, so you activate the 1Password app by choosing the license file in the file explorer window. This has been the case for years now, unless your license is very very old. How many years ago did you purchase your license? Or alternatively, what version of the 1Password app did you purchase exactly?

• gusbus
    gusbus
    Community Member

Ok where does 1P put the license that is in a file format? What is the file named, what kind of file is it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gusbus:

It depends on the version of the license you purchased. We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from the email you used to purchase your license so we can continue the conversation there? We will be able to look up this information for you that way, if you don't remember.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• gusbus
    gusbus
    Community Member

Thank you, I found it. Stored it in 1P this time!

• I'm glad to hear you were able to track it down!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! 😄

• gusbus
    gusbus
    Community Member

Another issue. The Chrome extension I downloaded is asking for my secret key to log in. Again, I am running a stand along Dropbox license, no secret key. I think there is an old Chrome extension out there that will work for me, can you share the link?

This discussion has been closed.