I've got 1Password7 (& extension) but can't edit or add new passwords on my Mac (can on iPhone).

mecapek
mecapek
Community Member

The title says it all. I checked on the extension (which is supposed to be included in iPassword7 when using Safari, yes?) and I have uploaded latest version of both 1Password and Safari, but I still can't edit or add new passwords on my Mac. (I can edit and add new passwords on my iPhone.)

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I've downloaded most recent version of 1Password7 but can't edit or add new accounts on my Mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mecapek!

I checked on the extension (which is supposed to be included in iPassword7 when using Safari, yes?)

Correct, the Safari extension is included with the 1Password for Mac app :+1:

but I still can't edit or add new passwords on my Mac.

Have you activated your 1Password app with either a license or a subscription already?

• mecapek
    mecapek
    Community Member

I've been using 1Password7 for a while and it stopped working on my Mac when you introduced the new subscription option. I'd prefer for now to stick with the purchased iPassword7 than jumping to a subscription. But how do I "activate" what I've already been using?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mecapek:

You just need to double click on your 1Password 7 license file to activate 1Password for Mac. Do you have your license file?

• mecapek
    mecapek
    Community Member

How do I find that? (Sorry to be so dense...)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mecapek:

It should have been emailed to you when you purchased your license. Should you not find it, please get in touch with our sales team directly at sales@1password.com and they will be able to help you out via email (so we don't share personal information on a public forum).

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• mecapek
    mecapek
    Community Member

Looks like the most recent thing I've purchased was five years ago (!) for 1Password6. Would that have automatically upgraded to iPassword7?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2021

1Password 7 is separate from 1Password 6. :) 1Password 6 will not automatically update to 1Password 7.

Ben

• mecapek
    mecapek
    Community Member

Ok, I think I see what's been happening. I've been using 1Password6 on my iPhone, which allows me to edit and add because that was the license I had. But I must have upgraded to 1Password7 on my Mac, so that's when it stopped working. Because it's been five years since I purchased iPassword 6, I've gone ahead and upgraded to family subscription. Thanks for all your help, Ben and ag_ana.

• On behalf of Ben, and Ana you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.