Easy way to paste password into a computer you are not signed in on from iPhone?

Options
maimberis
maimberis
Community Member

I am asking specifically about to a Mac that I am not signed into 1Password on(work computer/server).
My situation is that I keep passwords for some logins that I need to use on several Macs that are not my own(it's ones that I manage) so I am not signed in to my 1Password account on it and I often times need to sign into a service on that Mac and I usually end up having to open it on my iPhone and type it in.
Wanted to know if there was any fancy way of easily "pasting" or transmitting that password to the Mac via Airdrop or some other method without having to sign into the Mac or type it in manually.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:paste 1password to a mac

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@mainberis

It sounds like you're looking for something like universal clipboard. https://support.apple.com/HT209460 However, you mentioned that they are not your own, which would likely prohibit that ability. You mentioned that they are work devices. Has your employer thought about allowing 1Password to be used internally for employees? However, I am not sure that would work either if you're only managing it unless you have an actual login on that device.

• Be careful what you type/paste or transmit into/by other applications, especially sensitive information. Your employer may also have guidelines about this.
This discussion has been closed.