Huawei P40 Lite autofills in apps but not in browser

Options
wesselt
wesselt
Community Member

My new P40 Lite phone arrived this week. I installed the 1Password Android app and it works great! The one exception is the browser, which does not autocomplete. If I click on the 1Password logo a popup appears, but even that cannot autofill. It then shows buttons you can use to type the login and password:

Other apps work fine, for example this is the TP-Link Kasa app, which works fine with 1Password:

Why can the app autofill but not the browser? What's the difference between the two?

1Password Version: 7.7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: EMUI 10.1.0 / Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wesselt!

For confirmation, is this happening on every website, or just on the Microsoft website?

• wesselt
    wesselt
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, it's the same for every website. I click the 1Password icon next to the spacebar, type in the website name, select the 1Password entry, and then it pops up like above, click username field, click Autofill Username, click password field, and so on.

Now I just installed Firefox as a second browser. Autocomplete works nicely there! So that's a good alternative.

Still, I wonder why the native browser doesn't work with 1Password.

• Hey @wesselt, we appreciate the extra details.

It sounds like the browser you're using doesn't support Autofill. Could you tell us which browser your first screenshot is from?

• wesselt
    wesselt
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @pg_audrey, thanks for your reply. The screenshot is from the P40 Lite's native browser: Huawei Browser 11.0.4.302.

After some exploring I found many other browsers to use. I settled on Firefox which works great with 1Password.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@wesselt

Thanks for the update! I am happy to hear you found something that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.