1Password inline menu on https://www.useaamiles.com/

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Mac Safari does not work at all on M1 Mac now..

Comments

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

It's being very flakey again. The 1P icon doesn't appear in some American Airlines pages. I have to use the icon at the top of Safari, and then it seems to be loading the wrong password. If I copy and paste it works.

What diagnostic reports would be helpful, and how can I generate them? Would a sysdiagnose help?

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Hi Tom,

I have noticed on a few website (Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Amazon at times, and others) that what 1Password pastes in for the password is not always correct. But if I copy and paste the password from 1Password, the stored password is correct. A strange timing thing perhaps? I see it on both Windows and Mac.

I also am seeing a new behavior on Mac and iOS, where the 1Password option is not offered for the login name text field. Right clicking menu does not include 1Password, and the little text field bug does not appear (as in your example above.) Normally not an issue because you can simply click on the password text field and get 1Password to respond. However, many website are now going to username/email and password on separate "pages" where you must press enter/next after entering your username, and then enter your see the [password field. So if 1Password does not show up for username, it can be a problem.

I have two suggestions here 1Password:
    1). ALWAYS allow the right-click menu on any text field to include the 1Password menu item. Your filtering is not helpful. (Or an option to turn that feature off.)
    2). On those types of two step pages, note them, and auto fill the password after hitting NEXT.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

Can you share the full URLs where this is happening, so we can test those pages too? Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

Thank you! Is the full URL https://www.useaamiles.com/aadvantagelogin?

By the way, I have split your question into a separate discussion in a different section of the forum so you can get the best help, since this is not a Mac Beta discussion :+1:

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

These website occasionally have issues. It is not always:
    https://www.ml.com
    https://www.bankofamerica.com

I will continuet to post website where I see this happen in this thread.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @MajorHavoc! The Bank of America website is already known to our developers :+1:

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Thanks. Merrill Lynch, being the same company, may be the same reason.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

Thanks for the info @MajorHavoc .

On https://www.useaamiles.com/aadvantagelogin , the fields for customer number and last name are simple text fields that don't have a standard username structure, so 1Password prefers not to show up in it after we performed some serious toning down. Previously, 1Password would show up in almost any field on any website, and it was extremely intrusive, which made the browsing experience bad for a lot of users, so we had to tone it down to only show up in email/usernames fields, password fields and credit card fields.

As for the issue where a wrong password is being autofilled, I'd like to dive a bit deeper here and see if we can figure this out. Does the issue always occur? Or is it randomly failing sometimes but not every time?
    If you are using Chrome/Firefox, you can right click the password field after you autofill it, then select "Inspect" to see its HTML code and change the type="password" part to type="text" which will reveal the password that was autofilled and you can compare it to the correct working password.

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Thanks for the feedback and info. I get the intrusive issue but the little bug never bothered me, and sometimes I would use 1Password on non password places. I do think you need a bit more tweaking though. On a lot of the new “two screen” Usernameq, enter, password, enter type of security, 1Password does not show. I’ll watch out for it and get a few examples when I can.

When it fails, yes, those websites usually fail all the time. Kaiser (kp.org) fails randomly though. I use Brave sometimes, and Safari others, and while I’m not 100% sure, I do not think the fails follow the browser.

I never thought about the text reveal. Good idea. I will try and catch one next time.

Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional information.
    We're constantly tweaking 1Password from update to update until we'll find that sweet spot.

Feel free to drop us links to websites where you can replicate the issue successfully on demand, or investigate yourself by revealing the password field and let us know your findings :)

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Ok. Instagram today pasted a completely different password than what was saved. Tried three times I mean not even close. It was the automatic suggestion that made the error. This was on iOS 14.4.2 in Instagram on Safari.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

iOS is a different beast @MajorHavoc . You can post it here in the iOS forum as a new discussion so our iOS team can help you there :)

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Got it. Thanks. I think I’ll work this one through before poking a new bees nest. :-)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good!

This discussion has been closed.