Password Update/Generator Problems

Options
sharon888b
sharon888b
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I upgraded to Password 7 and have been struggling with updating and generating passwords ever since. For example, I was on a site that wanted to me to update my password. The password that was suggested by 1Password by clicking on the password field didn't fit their specifications (not enough numbers). But I couldn't see a way to edit it or even access the password generator so that I could change the parameters of what was being generated. I was ultimately locked out of the site as I tried to do a password update. This has happened to me regularly since I updated. How should this be working? Currently I'm very frustrated, which is a bummer as I'm a longtime 1Password user.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Version 7.8.1 (70801003)
1Password Store
Extension Version: Brave Browser
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password Membership

Comments

• sharon888b
    sharon888b
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to Password 7 and have been struggling with updating and generating passwords ever since. For example, I was on a site that wanted to me to update my password. The password that was suggested by 1Password by clicking on the password field didn't fit their specifications (not enough numbers). But I couldn't see a way to edit it or even access the password generator so that I could change the parameters of what was being generated. I was ultimately locked out of the site as I tried to do a password update. This has happened to me regularly since I updated. How should this be working? Currently I'm very frustrated, which is a bummer as I'm a longtime 1Password user.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
    Version 7.8.1 (70801003)
    1Password Store
    OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.7
    Sync Type: 1Password Membership

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sharon888b!

Can you please let us know also what version number of the browser extension you are using? Thank you!

• sharon888b
    sharon888b
    Community Member
    Options

The version number is 1.24.1.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sharon888b:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you need to make changes to automatically generated passwords for any reason, you can reach the full password generator in your 1Password browser extension, by clicking on the big "+" button and selecting the Password Generator option from there:

• sharon888b
    sharon888b
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Hopefully things will go more smoothly now!

• ag_tommy
    Options

:+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.