Repeated updater notifications

dideler
dideler
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

This issue has been occurring for a few weeks, so it likely dates back as a bug introduced a few beta releases ago.

Previous behaviour:

• The updater notification would only show when manually triggered via "1Password 7" > "Check for Updates..."

• When there is an update available, the release notes would only disappear after being explicitly acknowledged

New behaviour

• The updater notification shows repeatedly, unprompted, throughout my day. It's stuck in some update check loop
  • Release notes disappear when bringing the window into view

This new behaviour has been very annoying. It's a continuous distraction, made worse when screensharing.
The disappearing Release Notes is less problematic, as I can view them another way, but why bother showing them if they disappear.

The behaviour is similar to what's been described in

Quitting 1Password and re-launching it doesn't fix the problem.

1Password Version: 7.8.1.BETA-0 (70801000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7 (19H524)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @dideler,

It sounds like you have the "automatically install" option turned on in the update preferences if you're only getting a flash of the release notes. The frequency of the update notifications when running beta versions is by design, unfortunately.

• dideler
    dideler
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy, I've disabled the "automatically install" option to get more control over the release notes window.

I also no longer get the update notifications. Not sure if that's due to a new release I've installed since or something else.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dideler:

I also no longer get the update notifications. Not sure if that's due to a new release I've installed since or something else.

Do you get anything if you manually check for updates? I wonder if you are already on the latest version.

This discussion has been closed.