Privacy.com Card Creation Error

instanttim
instanttim
Community Member

Hello all, was trying to create privacy cards today with the beta and it wasn't working for me. I enabled it on privacy.com's site, and the options show up for me in the app, but card creation didn't work.

## Steps to produce

1. add a payment method to an account online of your choice
2. choose "create new Privacy.com card" 
3. get error immediately

## Expected behavior

Figured it would create a card

## Actual behavior

Didn't create a card

## Additional information

1Password Version 7.7.BETA-11 (70700011)
macOS 11.0 Beta (20A5395g)

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-11 (70700011)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.0 Beta (20A5395g)
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account

Comments

• @instanttim,

Can you try again? I've noticed that there is some lag time between when you add a funding source to your privacy.com account and when it allows you to create cards via the API they've provided.

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

My privacy account has been up and working for most of this year. I haven’t changed my funding source since the day I set it up.

• @instanttim

Does the funding source have at least $50 available?

Ben

• @instanttim,

Do you currently hold an active 1Password.com account?

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Yes, and yes. I'm a paid customer of 1password accounts since the day they launched, I have been using Privacy.com, tied to a bank account in working order. I use privacy.com every day, I use 1password every day, both are working 100% independently.

I'm happy to dump out any diagnostic data if possible. But all my software versions are on the original post, although I did move up to macOS 10.0.1 today.

Today I did revoke privacy.com access and tried to turn it back on, but doesn't seem to work.

• Thanks @instanttim. I think at this point it would be helpful to get a diagnostic report. Instructions can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/116598/privacy-com-card-creation-error#latest
    • Your forum username: instanttim

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics. Thanks!

Ben

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Sure @Ben, Thanks!
    [#KGP-75271-741]

ref: KGP-75271-741

• @instanttim,

Thanks for sending that in, i'm trying to figure out how the situation you're in is possible. Are you unlocking 1Password using biometry or master password?

• @instanttim,

Can you update to 7.7.BETA-12 and see if anything has changed on your end?

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member

I have, and responded via email on the ticket. Do you want me to post the response here too? I was told we were moving it over to email by Adam. I'm fine with either...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@instanttim:

Sorry for the confusion! Indeed, let's keep everything in one place. Since you emailed a diagnostic report, we can continue over there so you don't need to post twice :)

• brent_s
    brent_s
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Has there been an update on this?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@brent_s

To my knowledge, this was resolved in our current beta series. Would you mind giving the beta a try and letting me know if you experience a better result?

• Yesterday's beta 10 was elevated to release candidate status. If you'd prefer to wait on the next full release, I'd hope it will not be too much longer of a wait. Provided, of course, nothing happens during the final testing.

Use 1Password beta releases

• brent_s
    brent_s
    Community Member

@ag_tommy - the latest release is now working for creating the cards, but I'm unable to fill them in Safari. Clicking OK in Safari just repeats the popup - have confirmed with multiple forms and was only able to get it to autofill once.

Thanks for your help!

• @brent_s

You may want to reach out to us using support@1password.com in case we need to take a deeper dive into the situation.

• FWAdams2
    FWAdams2
    Community Member

Are there further developments on this?

As of today I am observing the same behavior using "1Password 7 Version 7.8.1 (70801003) 1Password Store" with Safari Version 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5) under Mac OS 10.13.6 (17G14042). (Note: old MacBook Pro doesn't support Mac OS 11+ even with its new SSD.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FWAdams2:

I wonder if the old macOS version could have something to do with this. Do you have another Mac where you can test this with a more recent version of the operating system perhaps, to see if there are differences for you?

• FWAdams2
    FWAdams2
    Community Member

I take it that your asking me this question implies that there HAVE been further SUCCESSFUL developments on this topic, and you're no longer fielding complaints like this from users with up-to-date OS versions.

Unfortunately my answer to your OS question is "no." I haven't even checked whether my wife's somewhat newer iMac will support a newer OS version. Because she's a technophobe and frequently needs my assistance, I've carefully kept her on the OS version that my laptop supports.

I do also have Firefox and Chrome on the laptop. On the off chance, I'll try those when I have opportunity, probably Wednesday. Differences in browser behavior have repeatedly plagued my theater-loving wife ever since she discovered that companies all over the world are streaming plays during the pandemic; this makes me think that I may still have a rock to turn over before I give up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FWAdams2:

Correct, as far as I am aware we have not received any more reports of this (also looking at this specific discussion in the forum, it doesn't look like there has been activity for a few months).

But certainly testing this in other browsers would be a good idea, and if things work, it might be a decent alternative if you cannot upgrade the OS (assuming that has something to do with this, of course).

This discussion has been closed.