What's with Yahoo Mail not logging off when Chrome/Windows closes?

Options
jimmyweg
jimmyweg
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Lounge

I suspect this an issue related to Yahoo and/or Chrome/history, but you guys probably have an answer. Chrome is set to clear history when the browser closes, although manually deleting history makes no difference. I save certain cookies, like Yahoo's, and My Yahoo is my home page. I log off from Yahoo Mail right before I close Chrome. If I open Chrome again or reboot/restart my PC MY Yahoo opens without a password required, and even before I start the 1P extension. This behavior occurs with a few other sites, e.g., nytimes.com, which I don't close/log out manually. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.25.4
OS Version: Win 10x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimmyweg!

I have moved the discussion to the Lounge section since it doesn't seem to be anything specific to Windows, or 1Password either for that matter. I do not use Yahoo personally, so I am hoping someone else from the community could jump in sharing their experience.

I can comment on a couple of things however:

Chrome is set to clear history when the browser closes, although manually deleting history makes no difference.

Browsing history has no connection to cookies and to the behavior you are seeing, so it makes sense that clearing the history has no effect.

I save certain cookies, like Yahoo's, and My Yahoo is my home page. I log off from Yahoo Mail right before I close Chrome.

Depending on the cookies you save, this could be the right behavior. If you test this in a Chrome private window, does Yahoo log you in automatically? Private windows don't store cookies, so you can use that to see if they are the culprits.

This discussion has been closed.