Unlock 1Password on iPhone with watch

data_cat
data_cat
Community Member

Are you working on a way to utilize the new 14.5 feature of being able to unlock your iPhone with your watch when wearing a mask so that 1Password on my phone (not my Mac) can be unlocked when wearing a mask?

If not, would it be possible to use the Universal Clipboard to copy my 1Password password from my watch to my phone?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @data_cat!

I don't believe this option is available to third party apps yet, but even if it were, I don't believe it would work for this anyway. From what I have read so far, this feature only works to unlock the iPhone itself, but everything else that requires Face ID authentication will still continue asking for Face ID. Indeed, even Apple Pay apparently continues to prompt for the full authentication process for security reasons, so I doubt that it would work for third party apps.

• data_cat
    data_cat
    Community Member

Thanks for explaining. What about the Universal Clipboard option I mentioned?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@data_cat:

I cannot find any mention on Universal Clipboard on the Apple Watch on the Apple website. However, I don't have a Watch to test it, so perhaps you have more knowledge here: can you confirm that the feature actually exists on the Watch?

This discussion has been closed.