Updating 1Password7 via the App Store

Options
pcaley
pcaley
Community Member

1Password7 version 7.7 (70700016)
macOS Big Sur version 11.3
Safari version 14.1 (16611.1.21.161.3)

I am attempting to update my 1Password7 on my MacBook Pro via the App Store. I close Safari, close 1Password7 and initiate the update. The update reaches a certain point then an alert window opens saying "Close this app to update. Click continue to quit 1Password7 and complete the update"

After clicking continue as instructed another alert window opens saying "Unable to close 1Password7. The update for 1Password7 couldn't be completed. Try again later"

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700016)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sur version 11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@pcaley

Please try the following steps to update.

1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    • Alternatively, if you do not have our helper shown please use the following steps to quit 1Password. Open or bring 1Password to the front and press the following keys. Command + Option + Control + Q

• Feel free to try the update again at this point. If you continue to have trouble, proceed with a replacement of the application.
    1. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    2. Restart the Mac.
    3. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    • Optionally download 1Password from the Mac App Store.
      • If your troubles continue, I would go recommend using the direct download from our site to get you going as quickly as possible.
    1. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    2. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
  • pcaley
    pcaley
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    Step 1 and 2, that did the trick! Thank you very much for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome @pcaley! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.