Browser Integration Not Working

2»

Comments

• bpiwowar
    bpiwowar
    Community Member

This is what I get (if you need the full log, please let me know)

DEBUG 2021-04-09T14:26:20.337 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:foundation/op-linux/src/bin/keyring_helper.rs:194] setting up keyring for parent
    ERROR 2021-04-09T14:26:20.338 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:foundation/op-linux/src/bin/keyring_helper.rs:178] error running helper: Keyring(KeyringError(Os { code: 13, kind: PermissionDenied, message: "Permission denied" }))
    WARN  2021-04-09T14:26:20.340 op_executor:invocation_loop(ThreadId(41)) [1P:foundation/op-linux/src/kernel_keyring.rs:684] failed to initialize keyring helper, its functionality will be unavailable: Io(Io { kind: UnexpectedEof, inner: "<redacted>" })
    WARN  2021-04-09T14:26:20.340 op_executor:invocation_loop(ThreadId(41)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend.rs:160] operation invoke: Invocation(External(lock-screen)) took more than 50 ms (198 ms)

• Hi there @bpiwowar, thanks for sharing those logs! This does look like the issue that @mikeT mentioned. To further assist with troubleshooting, could you run the following command, and paste the output here?

ls -al /opt/1Password/1Password-KeyringHelper

Thanks! :smile: :+1:

• bpiwowar
    bpiwowar
    Community Member

Here it is

$ ls -al /opt/1Password/1Password-KeyringHelper
    -rwsr-sr-x 1 root onepassword 3488008 Apr  6 00:14 /opt/1Password/1Password-KeyringHelper

• Thanks so much for posting that @bpiwowar! One more request - could you launch 1Password, then run the following command, and see if 1Password appears anywhere in the output? Thanks again for working with us on this on! Here's the command:

sudo journalctl --since=yesterday | grep audit

• bpiwowar
    bpiwowar
    Community Member

Hi,

The command sudo journalctl --since=yesterday | grep audit (after having launched 1Password) did not show any mention of 1password (grep -i 1pass did not return anything)

sorry for the delay but I had no physical access to my desktop for a long time

Just to repeat, I am using i3 window manager (not gnome) on

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
    Release:    20.04
    Codename:   focal

thanks for helping sorting this out
    Benjamin

• Hey @bpiwowar,

Thanks for taking a look at that for me. I'm really sorry you're still running into this issue with 1Password - to get things back up and running, let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me an email at support+linux@1password.com?

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

• bpiwowar
    bpiwowar
    Community Member

Hi,

Just tested the latest 1password when back in my office, and now everything works as expected. So problem solved!

thanks for the help
    Benjamin

• Hi @bpiowar, that's great! Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with. :smile:

• mvalais
    mvalais
    Community Member

For what it's worth, I wasn't able to use 1password for Linux (8.2.2~72.BETA, using apt on Ubuntu 21.04) with the 1password extension (2.1.0) on Chrome.

The 1Password settings would mention "1Password isn't able to communicate with 1Password in the browser because of a permissions problem."

The KeyringHelper permissions:

$ ls -al /opt/1Password/1Password-KeyringHelper
    .rwsr-sr-x 3.6M root 27 Sep 20:45 /opt/1Password/1Password-KeyringHelper

The fix was to reinstall 1Password:

sudo apt reinstall 1password

The permissions of 1Password-KeyringHelper seemed to be the same after reinstalling.

• Thank you for letting us know about this, @mvalais! I understand this has been fixed in the most recent Beta. Do let us know if you have any further issues, with it though - we always want to make sure that a given issue is gone for good! 😃

This discussion has been closed.