How to reset my data and start over in family plan

eskrima2
eskrima2
Community Member

My husband signed up for 1Password in 2013. We use it for a MAC and MacBook Pro. My husband is now in the early stages of dementia and has made some changes that I don't know how to fix. There are three vaults, Personal, Shared & Mac. I would like to work with only one, the Shared vault. I think the easiest would be to delete 1Password completely and start over in his MAC. I don't know exactly what the 'key' is in our list. Somehow on my MacBook Pro (2012), I have a beta program for 1Password because I get the updates.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eskrima2!

There might be an easier way to do this without deleting and starting over. What exactly are the things that you are trying to fix? Is there something that is not working as expected?

With regards to the vaults, the Personal vault cannot be removed, but you can configure 1Password to only save to the Shared one by default. There are a couple of settings for this in 1Password for Mac > Preferences > Vaults tab:

• Set "Always open to" to Shared
    • Set "Vault for Saving" to Shared too
  • eskrima2
    eskrima2
    Community Member

On the MAC, 1Password is 7.8.1. 70801003 and on my MacBook Pro, I have 7.8.2 Beta-0. I don't know how that happened but I need to simplify this program so I can deal with it when my husband does things he doesn't understand.
    One problem is that when I open 1Password on my laptop and select a website, instead of going to that website I get a small window that shows random websites, but will not let me log on to the one I want. I then have to go to Google to get to that website to log on from there.
    I tried back in 2018 when my husband changed the main password on his computer, but the old password was still on my laptop. I never did get it all straightened out, but I was able to restore his password. It's hard when a person is in early-stage dementia. That is why I want to wipe 1Password off of both computers and re-install using my master key and passwords. I will re-input only the needed information to make it easier for both of us.
    This is extremely hard to explain all that is involved through email. We are just 2 elderly people who like 1Password, but need to clean it up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@eskrima2:

One problem is that when I open 1Password on my laptop and select a website, instead of going to that website I get a small window that shows random websites, but will not let me log on to the one I want. I then have to go to Google to get to that website to log on from there.

When you say that you are selecting a website, are you doing from the 1Password desktop app, or directly within your browser, in the 1Password extension?

That is why I want to wipe 1Password off of both computers and re-install using my master key and passwords. I will re-input only the needed information to make it easier for both of us.

I see. So for confirmation, you would like both apps to behave the same, on both computers, and unlock just with your account? Your husband's account would basically not be used anymore on that laptop in the 1Password app, correct?

This discussion has been closed.