iCloud Find My Phone - AppieID

Options
zoswizard
zoswizard
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

The browser plugin (both FireFox and Safari) doesn't seem to work for the Enter AppleID field on https://www.icloud.com/find, but it does work for password after I manually enter the AppleID.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.2.BETA-0 (70802000)
Extension Version: 1.25.5
OS Version: 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zoswizard!

I have just tested the URL and I was able to fill the email field by clicking on the 1Password extension button, and clicking on the Autofill button. Can you confirm if that works for you too?

• zoswizard
    zoswizard
    Community Member
    Options

It's not working for me. Filling in the password field works that way, but not the AppleID field.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zoswizard:

Would you be willing to try with a brand new Login item?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• zoswizard
    zoswizard
    Community Member
    Options

I have hundreds of logins stored in 1Password. Everything else is working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021
    Options

@zoswizard:

Regardless of whether other websites work, the problem for you appears on this website alone from what you say, so that's where we should focus on. For what it's worth, my iCloud Login item worked for me, so there is no reason it should not work for you as well: there might be something wrong with this specific Login item.

• zoswizard
    zoswizard
    Community Member
    Options

Hundreds of logins for other websites. I have two for this site, mine and my wifes, both are with different AppleIDs and passwords, neither work.

I can try to delete one, recreate and see if that makes a difference,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zoswizard:

Deleting an existing one won't be necessary for now: if you save a new Login item (even with random information) using that method I linked to above, 1Password will save the Login item based on the current page structure. This usually helps over creating a Login manually by entering username and password by yourself, since in that case 1Password is not aware of the structure of the page.

• zoswizard
    zoswizard
    Community Member
    Options

https://www.icloud.com/ is working as expected. https://www.icloud.com/find doesn't seem to be. There are some iterations after manually signing on, then out, then back in again that do work, but going directly to that url on a new tab doesn't.

• ag_michaelc
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hey @zoswizard. I am able to reproduce the issue you reported — the inline menu/icon doesn't show at all for you for the Apple ID field I would imagine, right? I am not sure why it works for Ana, but in either case I will get this filed with the development team for further investigation. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#7337

• zoswizard
    zoswizard
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you're correct. Doesn't show up on the AppleID field, but does on the password field.

• @zoswizard

Thanks for confirming those details. As Michael mentioned, we've reported this to our development team to see if we can improve the behaviour here. In the meantime you can drag and drop your Apple ID from the 1Password popup into the field. We do apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

This discussion has been closed.