Tag autofill bug with brackets

Options
drtimhill
drtimhill
Community Member

Here is an odd bug:

If you have a tag with brackets in the name (e.g. "[foo]"), then when 1pwd auto-fills the tag name it adds an extra leading bracket, the the tag goes entered as "[[foo]" instead.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drtimhill!

I have tried doing this, and 1Password filled the correct tag for me, without the extra "[". For confirmation, I have tested it in the 1Password for Mac app by editing two items. Is that where you are seeing this happening too?

• drtimhill
    drtimhill
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

I double-checked and can repo, but you need to be careful. Assume you have an existing tag named "[foo]" (with the brackets)...

1. Edit an item in 1password, then start adding tags to the item.
    2. Type 'f' then 'o' in the tags field, so you get a popup for auto-complete of the tag "[foo]". Click the auto-complete pop-up, and you correctly get the "[foo]" tag added.
    3. But, again add a tag, but this time type '[' then 'f' to get the auto-complete popup. Click the auto-complete for the "[foo]" tag, and this time you get "[[foo]" (with an extra open bracket) as the tag name.

And yes, this is all in 1password on Mac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drtimhill:

Interestingly enough, if I click on the suggested tag after only typing the "[" character, the tag is autofilled properly. But if I type "[f" or "[fo", I see the behavior you are reporting :/

This discussion has been closed.