Two FireFox Extensions

For sites that use Basic Browser Authentication, it appears I need the older "1Password extension (desktop app required)" AND the newer extension to be enabled. Is this expected behavior. Examples:

Example #1

1. In FireFox; "1Password extension (desktop app required)" is enabled
  2. Visit a website that has the older Basic Browser Authentication (see screenshot) and it prompts for credentials
  3. Click the 1Password icon in the menu bar and it shows the correct credentials for the website visited.
  4. I can drag the credentials from the 1Password drop-down into the proper fields.

Example #2

1. In FireFox; "1Password - Password Manager" is enabled
  2. Visit a website that has the older Basic Browser Authentication (see screenshot) and it prompts for credentials
  3. Click the 1Password icon in the menu bar and it shows "Install the 1Password extension..." (see screenshot).
  4. I have to search for the credentials from the 1Password drop-down before they are displayed.
  5. Then I can drag the credentials from the 1Password drop-down into the proper fields.

1Password Version: 7.8.2.BETA-0 (70802000)
Extension Version: 1.24.2 and 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MacSupport!

There is also another method to fill basic auth forms if you use the new 1Password in the browser extension, so you don't need the old one ;)

• MacSupport
    MacSupport
    Community Member

Thank you for letting me know about that method. I can see it working for many people, but the workflow than some of our clients have, involves pages/tabs being restored when the browser is started. Thus, the login prompt rather than using 1Password to visit the page.

It appears that 1Password in the Browser is getting more integration with the app itself, so maybe in the future they can get it back to the way it worked with the older 1Password Plug-Ins. Is there a feature request page?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MacSupport:

Is there a feature request page?

The forum here is the right place for this ;)

• MacSupport
    MacSupport
    Community Member

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome!

This discussion has been closed.