How to login to a different Family member.

Options
DoctorBrown
DoctorBrown
Community Member

I have the Family Plan. There are three members configured. On one of our computers, I have it working as family member 3, but I want to use Family member 1 for some things. I want to switch between two family members. How do I do that?

In other posts, it sounds like you need different browser profiles. I use Firefox as my primary browser. How do you switch users in the Desktop app, also?

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10,
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DoctorBrown!

In the browser yes, you need two browser profiles (unless you want to logout and login to the two accounts all the time). The desktop app only supports one account from the Families account at the time, so the only way would be to logout and login every time you need to switch.

In this case, it might be easier to create a second user account in Windows though.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a little unclear about some of the details of your reply. Is it true that each device/login combination can only open the desktop for one Family member? Such as: Computer 2, WinUser B, Family member 3 is able to open 1P desktop? But Computer 2, WinUser B, Family member 1 can't login in to desktop? If that is possible, how to do it. What combinations are allowed?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@DoctorBrown

Computer A, B, etc.
    - Each user would access 1Password using their specific Windows user account.

It sounds like you would need to set up fast user switching.

This discussion has been closed.