Searching for password - how to exclude previous passwords?

Options

It's good you can enter a password or password part into the search bar and get all entries that have this password. However, also the previous passwords are being searched and entries are returned that don't have this password any more.

Is it possible to exclude the previous passwords from the search? It's not easy to get rid of legacy passwords for logins you deemed unimportant (I didn't know better at the time), and this behavior doesn't help - it's a nuisance if half of all your entries show up again every time you try to find the next legacy password you need to get rid of. I'm speaking of 30+ entries that once had that one password, so I need to scroll through the list.
It would also help as workaround if I were able to delete a previous password, but that doesn't seem to be possible as well.

1Password Version: 7.6.800
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Blake
    Options

Hey @Tertius3 😊

There's not a way to exclude previous passwords from a search query, though this is certainly something I'll pass along to the development team as a feature request!

It would also help as workaround if I were able to delete a previous password, but that doesn't seem to be possible as well.

While you can't explicitly delete previous passwords, you can duplicate a login item within 1Password for Windows, and the previous password history will be clear in the fresh duplicate, meaning you can simply delete the original entry. Does that help at all?

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

Using a duplicate will get rid of the previous passwords, but the creation date of the entry is lost. This is important info for me I don't want to reset, especially for some kind of old entries, so I will have to live with previous passwords still showing up in search.

• @Tertius3 ,

Ah, thanks for that additional information! I do apologize that this is currently the only option at present. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help - we're here for you. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.