Long notes get oddly truncated

(The following is with 1password for iPad.)

I have login notes with long notes entries. In one case, I have a note that is 92 lines long, but only the first 90 lines are displayed (consisting of around 1980 characters). In another case, the notes field is 202 lines long, but only the first 99 lines are displayed (consisting of around 1264 characters). To see all of the lines, I have to edit the note (and then, I get a teeny tiny 6-line window in which to view these long notes).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey AJ,

The issue regarding the display of Secure Notes past a certain length is known limitation of table cells in iOS. The maximum height of the table cell is 2009 pixels according to the Apple SDK.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue for quite a while and some users with longer notes run up against this limitation. Apple says there's a reason for the limit but doesn't share what it is:

Important: Due to an underlying implementation detail, you should not return values greater than 2009.

(That's from Apple's documentation for tableView:heightForRowAtIndexPath: in UITableViewDelegate protocol if you were curious.)

We are working on a different implementation in a future update. For now, the workaround to see the rest of the note is to enter edit mode.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • Thanks
This discussion has been closed.