importing from lastpass

ironfist
ironfist
Community Member

I contacted support prior to using 1PAssword and asked them if 1password could import everything from lastpass, including shares, permissions, etc, and was told yes. Which is the primary reason I am looking to switch to 1Password, as no other ap has been able to do this.

But this does not appear to be true.

The only option available is to import a CSV.
However the CSV that is exported from Lastpass does not contain any of this information.
It contains only url, username, password, totp, extra, name, grouping, fav

So all the following (and prob more) are still missing in 1password
-folders
-share details
-permissions
-OPT codes
etc

I have 1265 items in my lastpass, so this will be a lot of work to manually re-create all the folders, put all the records into the correct folders, setup all the shares and permissions again, which is exactly why I have not been able to move away form Lastpass.

Is there actually any way to migrate all of this form Lastpass to 1password or have I been misled?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lastpass import

Comments

• Hi @ironfist

Welcome to the 1Password Community.

Our Business team would love to get in contact with you via email to assist with migrating your data from LastPass. Since they don’t operate on this forum, you can contact them via email at business@1password.com and continue the conversation there.

• ironfist
    ironfist
    Community Member

I emailed Ginoy Rageevakumar 6 days ago, who was in previous correspondence with.
    no reply
    chased up again 3 days ago and cc'd to business@1password.com
    still no reply

• Very sorry for the trouble there, @ironfist

Can you send a new email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received here so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion. We can then ensure your message reaches our Go To Market team without any further issues.

• ironfist
    ironfist
    Community Member

Rather disappointed.... I was explicitly told it was possible to import all the above, now I am being told the opposite.
    It feels like I was just told yes in order to get me to sign up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

@ironfist:

Sorry to hear about this! I know you are already discussing this with my colleagues via email, so I am glad to hear you managed to hear back (thank you for your patience!).

So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the discussion over via email if you need to, we will be happy to help as much as we can over there.

Sorry again for the confusion!

ref: DVU-27922-973

This discussion has been closed.