The UIs of the various 1Password platforms are inconsistent - MacOS, Browsers, Android and Windows

RomesyGuy
RomesyGuy
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Lounge

The positioning of the

Edit button vary:

• bottom right for browser,
  • top left for MacOS app,
  • top right (Pencil) for Android App ]

Save button

• similar placements to Edit

Cancel button

• sometimes adjacent to the action button
  • sometimes opposite corner to the action button

1Password Version: Latest Beta
Extension Version: Latest Beta
OS Version: OSX, Browsers, Android, Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ui

Comments

• RomesyGuy
    RomesyGuy
    Community Member

I really didn't want to pick the category of MacOS, but there wasn't a good option

• RomesyGuy
    RomesyGuy
    Community Member

Not a consistency issue, but it is a UI one ... the popup on the browser is too small for several of the items I need to get.

I don't see a way to increase the size - is there a way?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RomesyGuy!

Thank you for the feedback! When it comes to the inconsistency, I know our developers are working on making the various platforms and client apps more consistent overall, so that is something that is certainly on their radar :+1:

With regards to resizing the extension popup window: this is currently not possible (with the exception of the Safari extension), but I have let our developers know that you would find this useful. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#285

• RomesyGuy
    RomesyGuy
    Community Member

Whilst a resize option might not be feasable, having a setting option for a larger window should be I believe?

That way no resize code is required, just a "plan a/b" option in the settings - that would do :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RomesyGuy:

I think a resize option would be nicer, if technically possible, so it would allow everyone to adjust it as they prefer. In the meantime, I have passed your feedback to the developers :+1:

• RomesyGuy
    RomesyGuy
    Community Member

There is now a resize facility on the browser pop-up [at least on Chrome on Mac] however there are flaws - I'm wondering if it's a work in progress?

I'm running build 2.0.5

The flaws:
    1. The resize isn't preserved, it reverts back to the initial size on the next invocation
    2. The resize detection gutter is tiny - 1 pixel?
    3. The resize detection only appears to work when moving inside towards the edge of the pop-up

• @RomesyGuy

We are indeed working to make the user experience better. 1Password in the browser is very much being worked on.

This discussion has been closed.