Multiple URLs

Options
mmoud
mmoud
Community Member

Hi

Because 1password does not support shared password (very bad as even free thing like Keypass can do this) with multiple login items (Case of SSO), I am using multiple URLs in same login which has common password. Now the problem I have is that I cannot even search those multiple URLs using name used in website name field.

Am I missing something or 1password is really a bad choice when SSO is in the mix?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mmoud!

I am able to search URLs here, I have just tested it on my device. What version of the 1Password app are you using, and on what operating system? For reference, I tested this in 1Password for Mac 7.8.3.BETA-0 (70803000), on macOS 11.3.1.

• mmoud
    mmoud
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like this search only works in Desktop client. I was searching in Chrome extension.

Any plan on fixing that search?

Also do you know if you will ever add feature for shared password among multiple logins (I have seen 100s of posts crying to add this feature)

I am 100% that if you add this feature, you will make many business users happy

• ag_max
    Options

@mmoud

Seems like this search only works in Desktop client. I was searching in Chrome extension.

After adding https://amazon.com and https://gmail.com to my test Login item, I was able to search for both URLs using 1Password for Chrome.

When you say the Chrome extension, do you mean the 1Password.com web interface? Or do you mean the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar? For the former, the 1Password.com web interface doesn't currently support the searching of URLs in the website field of items.

Also do you know if you will ever add feature for shared password among multiple logins (I have seen 100s of posts crying to add this feature)

While I cannot say for certain what will happen in the way of a new feature or improvements in this area, I'll be more than happy to pass on your feedback and add it to our internal issue for tracking purposes.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

This discussion has been closed.