What does the trial version do?

Options
oldblue3
oldblue3
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I had 1Password 4 and signed up for the 14 day trial. I imported ver 4 passwords into ver 7. When I go to a site that requires sign in, no passwords are visible in ver 7 and if I manually enter a password, I see a message that 1Password is Read Only.
Is that the way the trial is supposed to function?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oldblue3!

The trial allows you to do everything that you can do with an active subscription. In your case your app shows that it is read-only though, so it suggests that either your trial ran out, or you did not add your 1Password account to the app to activate the trial:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

• oldblue3
    oldblue3
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

If the trial expired it did so 10 minutes after I installed 1Password-7 and started the trial
    I filled out the form in this screen shot, using my old password. To me that looks like adding my account to activate and I have a legacy file that it said it would create.

If I open 1password from the start menu there are logins ( I had close to 450, now there are 64) , and credit cards are there but the secure notes have disappeared. None of those logins aren't visible from Firefox, if I try to login to a site.

One more clue. My old 1Password4 password still opens the program from the start menu, but it is different than my new password for Ver 7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oldblue3:

Thank you for the additional information! Indeed, all of this suggests that you have not added your 1Password account to the app. Have you tried the instructions on the documentation page I linked in my previous post, to see if your data appears, and your app activates?

It really sounds like you have no 1Password accounts added (you can check under 1Password Settings > Accounts), so in that case you would need to to so.

• oldblue3
    oldblue3
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing suggested actually did anything. I ended up uninstalling everything, restored my 1Password4 password file, reinstalled 1Password4, installed 1P-7 and was able to add the account. However I had 385 logins, Version 7 shrunk that down to 64. I had 3 logins for 3 different brokerage accounts at the same Broker. All the user names are gone and it's not obvious how to add user names. It will not save them by logging in.
    The number of missing logins is totally unacceptable.

• Hey @oldblue3, I'm sorry to hear you've ran into troubles migrating to 1Password 7 - to get things back up and running, let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me an email at support+windows@1password.com? When you send your email in, please attach a diagnostics report from your device - here's how to create one:

Generate a diagnostics report - Windows PC

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.