autofill not always showing up on native android apps

Orado
Orado
Community Member

There are instances when 1password will not show up in a native Android app to fill username and password.
The only way then login is to switch to the 1password app and copy and paste the credentials and password.
Would be great if there is a way to force 1password to show autofill popup.

Have a Samsung s20 FE, with gboard as keyboard.
Running latest 1password

Comments

• Hey @Orado, welcome to the Forum!

I'm sorry you're experiencing filling issues in certain apps, and we really appreciate when you bring these issues to our attention. Could you tell me which apps you're having trouble with so I can test them on my end?

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member

I'd like to jump on this thread and I hope you don't mind. I'm trying to make the jump from Bitwarden to 1P, and I've found the same issue on Android (Samsung Galaxy S21 ULTRA running Android OS 11). I have attached a picture where Bitwarden (which I've uninstalled) would normally pop up it's autofill box when tapping on the username or password fields, 1PW doesnt. Furthermore, Bitwarden has two Quick panel buttons that trigger it's autofill to be pop up, and I don't see that 1PW has any Quick Panel buttons.

So it's like @Orado said: you have to leave the app and manually copy back and forth from 1PW. I have a photo attached, not that it's really helpful.

Thank you both for letting me piggyback here.

Frank

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Photo

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member

Oh and I've tried the tap and hold recommendation , and then the ellipsis pops up, and I then tap Autofill and I get the toast message "Contents can't be autofilled".

Any help would be great. Thank you! I really want 1P to work; 🤪

• Orado
    Orado
    Community Member

Would it be possible to integrate with gboard to force a autofill pop-up?

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

This is why I left 1pw and use bitwarden I really wish 1pw would fix this

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

Hmm my photo post didn't... post. Lemme try again.

Pics to help explain

• ag_audrey
    edited August 2021

@FrankBreech, thank you for providing those screenshots. I can't speak for the way that Bitwarden works, but we'd surely love to learn as we're always looking to improve!

@Orado, thank you for your feedback, and I'll be sure to pass it along to our development team.

I do have some good news though! We're working on some exciting Autofill improvements that will be rolling out hopefully soon that should resolve all of the above issues you've both mentioned as well as make your filling experience much more seamless :) Please keep an eye out for our upcoming updates!

• borgax
    borgax
    Community Member

Any update on the update? Still have the same problem on some apps. Mogo being one.

Also that was a bizarre comment about not knowing how BitWarden works. Shouldn't you have people that are using all the competitors software so you can see what they're doing and how? Maybe you just meant you, personally, but it's not a great look for you, the company.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@borgax:

No update yet, but please ask again this Friday ;)

• borgax
    borgax
    Community Member

Still not getting the 1password pop up when trying to login to my Mogo app. I have to log into 1password, find my Mogo login, copy the password and then go back to the app. Frustrating to say the least. Especially because I'm pretty sure it used to work for that app.

This is on Samsung S10.
    Thanks for any info.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

Luckily a lot of these apps you can use your fingerprint to get in, but I have the same problem especially with the Fifth Third Bank That app that's on the Play Store I just can't get the username and password to fill in with one password It may fill in the user ID but not the password So it's a bit of an issue but all in all I'm very happy with one password And I would like to retract my statement about leaving them for a bit warden It was a very short stay at Bitwarden

I think one password is much easier to use I really like their support even though it's not instant they do get back to me usually within a few hours or within a day And I know they're working on trying to get this resolved.

The one thing I would really like to see them do when I said it over and over as I would like to be able to log in to one password with my Google Chromebook using the extension and typing in a 6 or 8 digit pin number instead of my password it would make getting into my account so much easier I hope that is on the drawing board, but I would like to say everybody here that one password has really been very good at trying to help And they've done a fantastic job for me, and I'm very happy.

• Hello @borgax thanks for reaching out! I did some testing with the Mogo app and the Autofill prompt would pop up for me but the behavior was a bit odd. After selecting my test Login the sign in page would close. If I re-opened the sign in page my username would already be filled but not my password. If I attempted to force Autofill (long press a login field, tap ⋮ > Autofill) I see the message "Contents can't be Autofilled". If this worked in the past, Mogo may have changed something on their end. Regardless, I have gone ahead and filed an issue.

Another option to fill where Autofill is blocked is to use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials:

ref: android-955

Hey @kram5819 thanks for your comments! I did some testing with the Fifth Third Bank app and I was able to fill both fields if I forced Autofill. I'd like to ask you to try forcing Autofill in the Fifth Third Bank app by long pressing a login field and tapping ⋮ > Autofill.

In regards to the PIN with 1Password in your browser, I can see that Jack has filed a feature request.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

Well it worked halfway It put in the username but not the password I had to copy and paste and go back and forth to get in completely

• Hello @kram5819 thanks for giving that a try. After your user ID is filled if you long press the password field and tap ⋮ > Autofill does your password fill?

Which version of the Fifth Third Bank app are you using? You can find this by opening settings > apps > Fifth Third > advanced or open the Fifth Third app, tap support > FAQs and scroll to the about section.

This discussion has been closed.