form field do not sense 1password autocomplete and alerts empty. How to fix that?

LeonardoRick
LeonardoRick
Community Member
edited May 2021 in iOS

I'm a web developer and I developed a website that contains a form. I've always used 1Password so I want to use this on my website too. The problem is that the form seems to not sense the 1passowrd completion on mobile devices. It's currently happening to me on iOS and maybe another mobile devices could reveal this bug too.

here is the form: The password field alerts that its empty after 1passoword complete it.
https://iqwebbotlocal.com/auth/login

Is there a way to fix my form to accept that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autocomplete

Comments

• @LeonardoRick

I've pinged our developers for their input.

• @LeonardoRick

They provided me with some thoughts to share.

Are you using Password autofill to fill the form? If not, that would be the desired approach.

The password field alerts that its empty after 1passoword complete it.

Are you perhaps checking for typing instead of contents?

• LeonardoRick
    LeonardoRick
    Community Member

Yes, I'm using autofill and if you guys check the link using chrome on an iphone you can reproduce it too.

My form is an angular reactive form and I'm checking it content with Validators.required.

this is the input I'm using:
    <input class="w-full" autocomplete="on" placeholder="senhaIQ1234" type="password" formControlName="password">

• @LeonardoRick

The difficulty is that the problematic interaction is happening between whatever you're doing for validation and Password AutoFill itself. If you turn off 1Password for Password AutoFill and turn on iCloud Keychain, do you see the same issue? I do. This is what I see, when using iCloud Keychain to fill your form:

This isn't something we could address in 1Password. The problem is that your validation function doesn't account for the way Password AutoFill populates the fields. You would either need to validate the form a different way, or bring it to Apple's attention to address in the Password AutoFill feature itself. I'm sorry there isn't more we're able to do directly.

Ben

• LeonardoRick
    LeonardoRick
    Community Member

Okay, thanks for your answer. I imagine that it was not a 1Password problem because it works properly on another platforms. i opened this discussion because what I used to develop this website was state of the art technologies (Angular Reactive Forms) and we're are testing on a platform used by a lot of people (iOS). I agree that the problem is my validation, but the only validation I'm making on this field is that it's required, so maybe a lot of other people are facing the same problem. 1 Password is not mandatory on my website, but would be nice to see it working on my personal used platforms

This discussion has been closed.