1Password browser extension is disabling browser's setting to store passwords

manishgiri
manishgiri
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have been using 1Password (with a paid membership) for several years now. I use both the desktop client and the browser extension (the extension used to require the desktop client to be installed up until recently, but that does not seem to be the case anymore). Even though I've always had the browser extension installed and enabled, I've always used the browser's own password manager to save passwords, because quite frankly, it's easier to handle than 1password's annoying pop-ups on websites that I already have an account in (it does not seem to be able to distinguish between existing passwords and new ones).

Recently, I got a new laptop and was setting up the 1Password browser extension, but now I noticed it seems to disable the browser setting which offers to save passwords (screenshot attached). In fact, IIRC, this was the default behavior of the "1PasswordX" browser extension, not the older, just "1Password" extension. Regardless, how do I disable it? I want the browser to save my passwords by default, because I use the browser's sync on my iOS devices and it is a lot more convenient there, rather than having to switch back and forth between the 1Password iOS app.

1Password Version: 7.6.801
Extension Version: 1.24.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

This discussion has been closed.