1Password Safari extension not working in Safari 14.0

jtrathjen
jtrathjen
Community Member
edited October 2020 in Mac

When I go click on the 1Password icon in the Safari menu bar, it says I need to enable the extension when it already is enabled and seems to fill passwords correctly. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-8
Extension Version: 7.7.BETA-8
OS Version: OS 11.0 Beta (20A5364e)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jtrathjen! Welcome to the forum!

Our developers are aware of some issues with 1Password beta and the latest macOS beta, we are looking into this :+1:

• jtrathjen
    jtrathjen
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @jtrathjen! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• danielkbx
    danielkbx
    Community Member

Any progress with this issue? It is still happening.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

What version of the 1Password app are you using @danielkbx, and on what operating system?

• danielkbx
    danielkbx
    Community Member

Thanks for you help.

I am using 1Password 1 Version 7.8.1 (70801004) Mac App Store on macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 (20E241).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@danielkbx:

Can you try updating to version 7.8.3 first? You might also need to quit and relaunch Safari once after the update, to make sure that the connection between the desktop app and the extension is established properly.

• danielkbx
    danielkbx
    Community Member

Stange, the App Store does not show any updates since 7.8.3 is installed. I needed to fully quit 1Password. After doing so 7.8.3 was started and the Safari extension is working. Thank you very much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @danielkbx! The App Store might need a bit longer for updates to show, but I am glad to hear that fully quitting 1Password helped :)

• caggle980
    caggle980
    Community Member

I have been having persistent problems with the Safari extension. Every couple of weeks for the last several months (through at least 1password update and at least one Big Sur update), the extension just fails. Clicking the extension icon does nothing (like, no response at all), same with clicking the "unlock 1password" box that pops up below the login/password I'm trying to fill in. Restarting Safari and 1Password occasionally helps, but it usually requires a computer restart.

1Password 7.8.5
    Safari 14.1.1
    Big Sur 11.4

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@caggle980:

The next this this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• geecee
    geecee
    Community Member

I've been experiencing the same problem as caggle980. Support ID #LYW-49287-619 opened.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@geecee:

Thank you! I see that my colleague Jessy has replied to you already, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :+1:

ref: LYW-49287-619

• caggle980
    caggle980
    Community Member

I sent a diagnostic report about this issue yesterday. Now the restart didn't even fix it.

• georgesf13
    georgesf13
    Community Member

Hello all,
    I've been using 1password for so many years and I was very happy.
    With Safari 14 it has became very frustrating!
    It simply doesn't work.
    Please fix the problem. It's so annoying.

Best regards,
    George

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@caggle980:

Thank you for sending the report! Have you received a ticket number via email already?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgesf13:

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "it simply doesn't work"? What is the problem exactly? Thank you!

• georgesf13
    georgesf13
    Community Member

I click on the 1password icon and nothing happens.
    Tried closing and reopening Safari and 1password but there's no difference.
    Safari Version 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)
    1password Version 7.8.6 (70806000)

With Chrome it works fine...

Best regards,
    George

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgesf13:

Thank you for the clarification! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• georgesf13
    georgesf13
    Community Member

thank you for the prompt help.
    Here's the support ID:

[#ZSV-64693-736]

Best regards,
    George

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgesf13:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ZSV-64693-736

• caggle980
    caggle980
    Community Member

I have not received a ticket number although I sent the diagnostics report several days ago

• @caggle980

I am not seeing any submissions from the email address you use here in the forum. Did you use a different email address. * Please do not share it here in the open forum.

Could you send it again?

• caggle980
    caggle980
    Community Member

CDN-91457-591

• caggle980
    caggle980
    Community Member

i see now it asks to include the brackets [#CDN-91457-591]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@caggle980:

Thank you, found it! We will take a look and get back to you via email as soon as possible :+1:

ref: CDN-91457-591

• edrado
    edrado
    Community Member

I have the same problem - extensions work, then they stop, then they work again. In addition, they often dont autofill, and the main program never does, doesnt even offer the option. I have had 1password for a very long time. I never had these problems until I was forced to switch from one license to the current system. I would change to another program but I dont know how to transfer my passwords. This company had gotten too big and apparently either doesnt have the staff or the skills to. do things properly and offer adequate customer support. I will sent a diagnostic report as you suggested to others but really how many do you need to fix this problem!!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @edrado! And please also let us know once you have sent your report :+1:

• hiawatha98
    hiawatha98
    Community Member

Just want to add my voice to the list of users with this issue.

• clarkc
    clarkc
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

+1 same issues as the others in here.
    Safari extension doesn't work. "unlock" button does nothing when clicked.

I keep checking back assuming 1PW will notice that there's an actual problem and not keep offering "close/restart". There are two 'safari ext doesn't work' threads on the front page. Nearly 3k views between them(most other topics have 20-30)....prolly for a reason.

This discussion has been closed.