Hi all! Just wondering if there's something I'm missing here; adding a website field trouble

awholelattelove
awholelattelove
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

In short, adding a URL into a website field for some things doesn't seem to register. Even adding a second URL field yields the same resulting "website is empty". If it helps, this is for https://sipapp.io/

Maybe another problem (unsure if related): Icons don't always seem to take. For example, this site (1Password Support Community/1password.community (awesome domain, by the way) does register a domain, but not the fancy favicon. Is there anything I can do to help 1Password better see favicons?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.8.3.BETA-0 (70803000)
Extension Version: I 7.8.3. BETA-O
OS Version: macOS Big Sur Version 11.4 Beta (20F5065a)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @awholelattelove,

As unintuitive as it may seem, software licenses don't have the kind of website field that the item list is looking for, which is why it declares "".

It looks like when they transitioned to the new domain name for the forums they didn't get a rich icon created for it, so that explains why that's missing for this particular site. We're not actually pulling from the website's favicon but rather pulling from a server we host that contains rich icons for many sites, this would explain why she sites don't have an image.

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member

@rudy

Thank you. Bummer that there's nothing I can do, but understandable. Is there a way for folks to contribute/help update your icons for various apps and sites?

• @awholelattelove

There is, if you want to send us an email with the site the icon is for we can get them added to the system. The icon sizing criteria is:

The preferred size for Rich Icon images is 512 × 512 (pixels); the minimum acceptable size is 180 × 180.

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member

@rudy

Hi again, this is great! Where is a good place to send icons? Thanks again

• @awholelattelove

Please use support@1password.com and include a link to this topic. Thanks.

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Will do! All the best.

• :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.