Feature Request: Built-In Markdown Editor

Options
ajyey
ajyey
Community Member

This would most likely be more useful within the desktop application due to having much more screen real estate but I find myself having to write my markdown for the notes sections (within login items) in a separate markdown application and then copying and pasting said markdown into the notes section in 1Password. Maybe there's room for a built in markdown editor/previewer here? Love 1Password BTW and use it every single day. Great job to the entire team!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajyey! Welcome to the forum!

The markdown editor and previewer is already present in 1Password for Mac. What version of the app are you currently running?

• ajyey
    ajyey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, I'm using the latest desktop version (Version 7.7 - 70700015). I can successfully edit a secure note, write some markdown, save the note, and then see the rendered result. What I'm suggesting is some sort of real-time preview of the markdown within the secure note so I dont have to edit and save each time I want to see how the markdown is rendered.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

@ajyey:

Understood, thank you for the clarification! I will make sure to pass your feedback to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#433

• ArthurS
    ArthurS
    Community Member
    Options

Following up here as well. I'd love to have a Markdown preview mode. This would make 1Password my preferred note taking app. Also special handling of things like Dates (like Notion does it) would be awesome as well!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @ArthurS. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.