Increase font size and change to higher contrast text in 1Password for Linux Mint

Options
Ozarks
Ozarks
Community Member

How do I make the text larger in 1Password for Linux Mint (not the browser extension)? The tiny text combined with washed-out dim grey font colors make it difficult to see. My system fonts are set fairly large and I don't have this problem in other programs.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.0.33-92
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint 20.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Ozarks, thanks for writing in - I'm really sorry about this issue!

You can scale up/down 1Password's elements with the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl (-) and Ctrl (+) - could you give that a shot and let me know how it goes?

• Ozarks
    Ozarks
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I know that works in the browser extension in Firefox, Brave, Edge, Chrome, etc. Unfortunately, it does not work in the actual program for Linux, and there is no way to change it in the program's Settings, either.

And then there's the dim, grey font color... :(

• Hey @Ozarks, I'm really sorry you're unable to resize the elements within 1Password - I just tested this out in Mint, and was able to get things moving around:

Once you open the 1Password desktop app, could you try pressing the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + k, and let me know if you see a windowed list of all available keyboard shortcuts? If you do, could you try the shortcut for zoom in/out, and let me know if you see a change similar to my Gif, above?

• Ozarks
    Ozarks
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. CTRL+K in the Linux Mint 1Password program does show CTRL + plus or minus keys for zooming the page and that does seem to work. I was trying to use CTRL+Mousewheel, which is the only way it will zoom in the browser addon for Brave, Chromium or Firefox. The action is inconsistent in the addon vs the actual program.

Additionally, the fonts on some items are a dim grey text. Black text on a light background would improve readability. If one were looking at it printed on a sheet of paper from a printer, one would assume it was time to change the print cartridge.

• Blake
    Options

@Ozarks

I'm glad to hear that using Ctrl (-) and Ctrl (+) was able to get things adjusted to your liking on the zoom-y side of things! 😊

Additionally, the fonts on some items are a dim grey text. Black text on a light background would improve readability. If one were looking at it printed on a sheet of paper from a printer, one would assume it was time to change the print cartridge.

I can totally see how this might be harder to read for some folks. I'll certainly be passing this along to our development team so we can take another look at what we might be able to do there.

This discussion has been closed.