Feature Request: Command-Up and -Down for list navigation

Option-key to reveal passwords is great.

But why does 1Password use Option-Up/Down arrow to move the selection to the top/bottom of a list? It's a poor choice, and so I'm unable to move up or down an item while pressing Option-key to reveal a password.

Wouldn't Command-Up/Down arrow be a better choice to move the selection to the top/bottom? Every other app uses it for scroll-to-top/bottom.

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Option/Command-Up/Down are system shortcuts. They behave as expected in 1Password in my testing. (Try Option-Up and -Down in a list of files in Finder, for example.) I'll mention your use case to the developers, though.

Wouldn't Command-Up/Down arrow be a better choice to move the selection to the top/bottom? Every other app uses it for scroll-to-top/bottom.

In iTunes, Command-Up and -Down control the volume regardless of focus. In Finder, Command-Up and -Down navigate higher and deeper into the folder hierarchy.

For now I would recommend simply unchecking View > Conceal Passwords if you need to reveal a lot of passwords in sequence. Holding down the Option key was only ever intended to give a quick peek at the current password, not held down as you use the application since the Option key is also a modifier key for other tasks.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.