I upgraded my Mac OS and seemed to have lost the ability to edit my vault (icloud). Help.

Options
hookerb3
hookerb3
Community Member

I upgraded the Mac OS as a new machine. I re-installed 1Password7 and logged in to my vault on icloud. However, it hasn't worked as before, I keep getting a pop-up to subscribe (I thought I didn't need that?) and I can no longer update/edit items in my vault. I thought if I subscribed then it would fix itself, but I think that process sets up a whole new account which I don't want to do.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded OS in Mac and 1Password is now a mess

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@hookerb3

I most often see this happen when someone has accidentally downloaded a copy of 1Password from the Mac App Store. Is that a possibility? I ask because only the version of 1Password downloaded from our site makes use of our licenses. The version from the Mac App Store only supports our membership options. If that sounds like it may be the cause, please use this set of instructions to switch to the website version. The first link below will guide you and show you which version of the app you have installed. If you have the Mac App Store version installed, the second one will help you switch over.

How to keep 1Password up to date

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

• hookerb3
    hookerb3
    Community Member
    Options

You solved it! Thank you. I bought another stand alone license. I suppose I could have tried to revive the old license I had previously but I had the other license since 2015 and it had served me well, so decided to upgrade. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome @hookerb3! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.