Changing Master Password Problem

Lesw
Lesw
Community Member

Hi, I'm just evaluating 1Password for families and I've run into a problem.
When I set this up I picked a master password that was too simple and I decided to change it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that easy as although my account login in 1Password shows the new password, I have to open the application/browser extension using the old password.
Also I have installed the app on my android mobile but yet again although if I open the app I can see the new password in the account when I open the app I still have to use the old password. I've tried creating new entries in windows and the mobile app and they sync ok but the passwords are still incorrect no matter what I try. I even tried to uninstall the mobile app and reinstall but it still started with my previous account and the old password.

Any ideas?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password change

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lesw!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that easy as although my account login in 1Password shows the new password, I have to open the application/browser extension using the old password.
    Also I have installed the app on my android mobile but yet again although if I open the app I can see the new password in the account when I open the app I still have to use the old password.

For confirmation: it sounds like you only changed the Master Password inside a Login entry in your 1Password app, but you did not change it in your account itself. Can you confirm that you not only updated the Login record inside 1Password, but you also actually changed the Master Password for your account?

How to change your Master Password

This discussion has been closed.