Password Generator

gottmarc
gottmarc
Community Member

Within app in IOS & Win it‘s not possible to „just“ generate a password. App always creates a password object to catelogue, which is quite annoying. A choice would be great👍

I coincidentally found out that I had multiple objects created - all superfluous😐

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @gottmarc !

That's a feature. Because there is no history of generated passwords, password entries will be saved in the category "Passwords" when you generate a password. If you mind you could delete all these entries. ;)

• gottmarc
    gottmarc
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Hi DenalB.

One could argue whether it is a feature or a flaw🤔. As mentioned to have the choice would be great.

Reason: I had generated 60-70 passwords over a 1 year period. Then I found them as objects in 1password & needed to manually delete all.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey again,

& needed to manually delete all

If you are only using the iOS app deleting objects could be a little difficult. In the Windows desktop app you are able to mark all entries and delete them all at once.

But yes, you are right. The perfect solution would be to be able to chose what should happen when generating new passwords. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @gottmarc! I can see how this could be useful, perhaps this is something our developers can think about in the future :+1:

• gottmarc
    gottmarc
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Good discussion👍. Feedback is a gift.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• peuclid
    peuclid
    Community Member

Adding my vote for adding a plain password generator in mobile and desktop apps. I've been stuck many times needing to make up a password where I really just wanted to have an app generate one for me that could copy/paste in. There are many paths to web sites and apps that don't have all the right hooks to get an actual 1password treatment, so it's nice to have a fallback.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in on this as well @peuclid :+1:

This discussion has been closed.