Feature Request: Add blockchain wallets and keys to 1password as item type

Options
scottmagain
scottmagain
Community Member

I'd like to suggest the ability to add blockchain wallet addresses, seed phrases, secrets, passphrase, etc (the whole gambit) as an item type when selecting from the dropdown box. Being able to add a wallet address with predefined selectable dropdowns would include what type of wallet (hot, cold, paper, exchange, etc), which cryptographic algorithm (blockchain) type it is, the login and password (and URL and app link, manufacturer/developer, etc) as well as backup passphrases/words would allow people to contain all of their wallets and cryptocurrencies/contracts in a format that is easily accessible. It would then open up to the website or app as appropriate and auto-populate the fields necessary to fill forms when completing a transaction.

It could then further extend to being able to process transactions to other wallets, and would exist as an entry on a blockchain of its own and in itself, cryptographically stored using keys unique to a 1password vault/wallet. Transaction fees then could be collected by 1password.

justsayin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:feature request

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottmagain!

We will probably not add any more built in categories to the app, because no matter how many we add, there will always be some more missing, and which some users would like to have. Instead, we are currently beta testing custom categories in our 1Password Business accounts. Depending on how that test goes, we might decide to extend the feature to other account types ;)

I have also let our developers know about your feedback in the meantime :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#21

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed it did for those couple of examples @XIII, that's a very recent update :) Moving forward, as far as I know the plan is still to work on custom templates, but I will let the development team to discuss the best way to implement this.

This discussion has been closed.