1P icon missing from Safari 14.1

Options
fahnoe
fahnoe
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

This morning the 1P icon is missing from Safari

Steps that I attempted to resolve

1. Safari Preferences / Extensions / 1Password, uncheck and then check the extension
  2. Restart Safari
  3. Restart 1P
  4. Reboot

Expected behavior

The 1P icon should be available as it normally is

Actual behavior

I cannot get the 1P icon to show up in Safari

Additional information

1Password 7
Version 7.8.4.BETA-1 (70804001)
1Password Beta
macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 (20E241)
Safari Version 14.1 (16611.1.21.161.6)

--Larry

1Password Version: 7.8.4.BETA-1 (70804001)
Extension Version: 7.8.4.BETA-1
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 (20E241)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I found that earlier and verified that the 1P icon is in the set of items to be displayed. I use the default set of items.

--Larry

• ag_tommy
    Options

@fahnoe

I'm sorry, I am not sure about your answer. Did you get 1Password to show up again? I think so, but I talked myself out of that. :lol:

• fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

No, I have not been able to get the 1P icon to show up.

--Larry

• ag_tommy
    Options

@fahnoe

There has been some other issues reported with 7.8.4 b1 (filling related), have you tried reverting to beta0 to see if the extension appears? If you're still having trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/121026/1p-icon-missing-from-safari-14-1
    • Your forum username: fahnoe

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I don't know where to find beta0 to revert to, so I grabbed the diagnostics report and submitted it. Support ID [#BWK-76269-735]

--Larry

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2021
    Options

@fahnoe

That's my bad. It looks like I left out that link. My apologies. Here it is. 1Password 7.8.4 beta-0

• fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Good news, reverting to beta0, then futzing about with the extension (disable/enable a couple of times) has brought the 1P icon back to Safari. Thanks!

--Larry

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2021
    Options

@fahnoe

I'm sorry for the trouble. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

ref: BWK-76269-735

• fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

You're quite welcome but also too nice! Looked like a bug so I just wanted to help you folks by reporting it. Besides, it's a beta, I expect to see the occasional glitch. Thanks to your suggestions it is now working (with beta0) and you have additional data to assist with the debugging process. I'm happy to help the development process by filing bug reports and providing relevant data. :+1:

--Larry

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the support so far @fahnoe, and for the kind words as well :)

• fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning. I just accepted the latest update to:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.8.5 (70805001)
    1Password Store

macOS 11.4 (20F71)
    Safari 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)

The 1P icon disappeared again from Safari but I was eventually able to get it back. Here are the steps I took:
    1. Safari Preferences / Extensions / 1Password, uncheck and then check the extension
    2. Restart 1P
    3. Restart Safari
    4. Safari Preferences / Extensions / 1Password, uncheck and then check the extension

Once I reenabled the 1P Safari extension the second time, the icon showed up.

Also, I didn't intentionally stop using the betas, the last two updates seemed to be production releases. I wonder if that's just normal if there is not a more recently released beta.

--Larry

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fahnoe:

Once I reenabled the 1P Safari extension the second time, the icon showed up.

Thank you for sharing these steps!

Also, I didn't intentionally stop using the betas, the last two updates seemed to be production releases. I wonder if that's just normal if there is not a more recently released beta.

Correct, this is normal behavior: if there is no more recent beta, we update to the most recent stable version, so you don't remain behind with features and fixes. Once a new beta becomes available, you will be automatically updated to it :+1:

This discussion has been closed.