Safari extension not working after update

Options
FragileBits
FragileBits
Community Member

Safari 14.1
macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
1Password 7.8.3

After installing the 1Password update, the extension was unresponsive. Restarting Safari didn't help. Had to restart my Mac in order for the extension's functionality to be restored.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FragileBits!

Thank you for letting us know that you encountered this, and what worked for you to solve it :+1: Should this happen to you again in a future update, you can also try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunching 1Password instead of rebooting.

• FragileBits
    FragileBits
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I already quit 1P completely before installing the update. Then launched it. Didn't work. Quit and restarted Safari. Still didn't work.

• JLSinEaston
    JLSinEaston
    Community Member
    Options

Same here.
    Updated to 7.8.3 (70803004), and now 1Password is no longer in the Toolbar of Safari 14.1 (16611.1.21.161.3).
    How to remedy, please?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@FragileBits

Can you try giving your Mac a restart?

If you're at a spot where a restart is impractical, the following may be able to help you.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.
  • JLSinEaston
    JLSinEaston
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, ag_tommy. Will try the reboot tomorrow when back at my desk. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @JLSinEaston, let us know how it goes :+1:

• tbdot
    tbdot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, fragile bits. I had the same issue with Firefox. Restarting 1Password didn't help. Restarting Firefox didn't help. Rebooting the Mac resolved the issue.

• klubn
    klubn
    Community Member
    Options

No-can-do here. Tried restarted Firefox (nada), then restarted Mac — still dead in the water.

I even removed the browser extension and re-installed it. Not happening!

• Ben
    Options

@klubn

I'm sorry to hear a restart didn't do the trick. I'd like to get you in touch with our extensions team to troubleshoot further. Could you please shoot them an email to support+extensions@1password.com :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.