Face ID Button on iPhone

jjstipe
jjstipe
Community Member

I love this button on iPad, but don't have it on iPhone. Should I? If so, how do I get it? If not, will it be coming soon?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.5.1
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:Face ID Button on iPhone

Comments

• @jjstipe,

It should be displayed under the master password field on iPhone, if your iPhone has Face ID turned on in both Settings.app as well as 1Password -> Settings -> Security -> Face ID.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

It is not

• @jjstipe

Could you please post:

1. What you have set in 1Password > Settings > Security
    2. What you have set in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security
    3. If you unlock on that screen with your Master Password, do subsequent unlocks prompt you for biometrics?

Thanks!

Ben

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

If you unlock on that screen with your Master Password, do subsequent unlocks prompt you for biometrics?

Yes and no. It's inconsistent. If I use the Lock Now it requires the master password

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2021

@jjstipe

Lock now would require you to enter the Master Password. Use Face ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Sometimes you’ll need to enter your Master Password instead of using Face ID:

• If your face isn’t recognized five times in a row
    • If you tapped Settings > Security > Lock Now
    • If you’re trying to change your Master Password
    • If you reset Face ID or set up an alternate appearance on your device
    • If Require Master Password is set to After Device Restart in Settings > Advanced > Security, and you’ve just restarted your device
    • If the amount of time in Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password has elapsed
    • If your device’s battery is below 10%
  • jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Ok…but that doesn’t explain the missing button on iPhone

• @jjstipe

You'd only have the button in instances where Face ID is available. In this screenshot:

Face ID is not available. This be because you used Settings > Security > Lock Now, or for one of the other reasons mentioned above.

Ben

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Ok, but I never have the button, ever

• @jjstripe

It sounds like iOS may be having issues with "Face ID" in general. Have you tried toggling it off and on in the iOS settings app under Face ID and Passcode? While you're in that section, make sure and tap on the "Other Apps" selection and verify 1Password is enabled to use "Face ID".

• @jjstipe

I think we may be missing the mark here. When you're prompted for Face ID for 1Password for iOS, if you hit cancel, do you then see the button? The button isn't really what's important... the important bit is that you're prompted for Face ID when expected. The button is just a means to an end where applicable. If you aren't running into any of the narrow scenarios that cause the button to appear, that isn't abnormal/unexpected, so long as Face ID is unlocking 1Password under the conditions where it is available.

Ben

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

I changed this from After Device Restart to Never and now I get the button

• Great! :+1:

Ben

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Sure thing. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.