1.25.4.beta: Thanks for the dark mode!

Just wanted to say thank you for the dark mode available in 1.25.4.beta now. I'm testing beta builds in Firefox and I think that the dark popup looks amazing there. :+1:

Thanks @ag_michaelc for mentioning this in another thread. ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.25.4.beta
OS Version: Firefox v88.0 (64-Bit)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• You're very welcome! I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to our awesome development team, too. :smile: Be sure to let us know if you have any other feedback on it!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Am I right that there is no setting to enable or disable dark mode in the extension? I couldn't find such a setting. That means if I'm using dark mode in OS (Windows 10) then the extension is using dark mode too, right?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021

@DenalB

On my Mac, the extension color follows the system setting for light and dark mode. Forgive me, as I am not that familiar with Windows. Does it have such an option? Based on your comment, I think so. I saw no manual override, if you will, within the settings.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I think this is fine. It needs no special setting to enable or disable dark mode. :+1:

• synacsyn
    synacsyn
    Community Member

yeah seriously, I am loving the darkmode

• I am rather loving it myself. I envision everyone using it, but that's just me. :lol:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

:+1:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone :)

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

Nice work on this ! But, to me, it lacks a setting to enable it manually.

For example, on windows, I like to keep the light mode enabled (mostly because dark mode looks ugly on win10) but keeps enabling dark mode on apps.

So now that I have seen the dark mode on my mac, i would like to activate it on my windows machines ;-)

Cheers

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the input @Ashokleyland !

I think this will be a toggle feature in the settings at some point :)

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

would be great !

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: :+1:

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Also, must say thank you for Dark Mode. Now it looks like it fits in the browser.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

We're glad to hear it @DBLClick :)

• bcrowl
    bcrowl
    Community Member

Same here. Thanks for the Dark Mode!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You are most welcome!

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

Darkmode is GORGEOUS! haha.

Just one thing, don't know if anyone reported this already but the markdown for notes (the headers, ###, ##, #) are resulting in a very dark text color. @ag_yaron

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for reporting this @loggor !

@Naxterra I'll check with the Windows team :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Nice request @Naxterra . But I think therefore the Windows desktop app has to get it's own dark mode and here are a lot of feature requests already. Hopefull dark mode fo the Windows app will come soon. ;)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Yep, that's what I found. And it doesn't look like the current version of 1Password for Windows will get Dark Mode.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

I think so too. But hopefully some builds later 1Password for Windows will get its dark mode too... :chuffed:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Indeed :+1:

This discussion has been closed.