sidebar not showing categories when expanded...

Options
drviets
drviets
Community Member

Categories not showing in sidebar. I have tried working with this 'bug'? for several hours, now turning to this forum.
When the sidebar is open/expanded, the categories do not show. When the sidebar is collapsed, the category icons are now visible and clicking on them does 'select/show' the correct items per category, as expected.
I have rebooted. restarted 1password, etc. I have not tried reinstalling 1password...little nervous about 'losing' my data. This is not a browser/extension problem...the sidebar issue in in the app. I will attach pics. to show problem. thanks.

1Password Version: 7.8.3
Extension Version: mac osx (built in extension)
OS Version: os x 11.3
Sync Type: WLAN server (local)

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2021
    Options

@drviets

At the top of 1Password where it shows Primary on my Mac, if you click the "v" to make it a ">" do your categories show?

• drviets
    drviets
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

yes thank you, that seemed to do the trick, although I must admit that the whole sidebar thing needs a review of that behavior. I found that it is affected also by the behavior of the larger blue/white middle 'sidebar collapse' arrow at the right side of the sidebar. It seems that depending on the blue/white arrow selection/status, then tapping on the upper 'primary' area at the top either opens/closes the sidebar or displays or doesn't display the categories. I now sort of understand what it is doing but it isn't terribly intuitive and can lead to confusion as like what happened with me. Can 1Password re-visit that top/sidebar arrow behavior thing?
    I wish to reiterate on my behalf what a great product 1Password is and how the team keeps refining and polishing how it works to make a persons password management easier. thanks, dave viets.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @drviets, I can certainly pass it to the team for consideration. And thank you for the kind words!

This discussion has been closed.