Old user name still presented in iOS login suggestions

Tonetony
Tonetony
Community Member

Clicking username field on a web page, which is an email address, I get an obsolete suggestion, on both iphone and ipad.

It is the suggestion that first appears at the top of the keyboard when I tap the user/email field. If I tap that suggestion, 1Password actually autofills the CORRECT, current user name. (I replaced the old user name with the correct one many months ago.)

If I tap the key at the top right of the keyboard, 1Password shows 3 saved passwords: the obsolete one, and 2 others (those 2 are good).

On Mac Safari or Firefox, I only get the expected 2 suggestions when I click on the user/email field.

I hunted everywhere - checked the Saved Form details and passwords in the 2 proper login items, finding nothing. I poked around in their Item History on the web site (a feature I am not familiar with - I don't think I've used the web site before) and didn't spot anything, but didn't check every single item in the histories.

Eventually I spotted the obsolete one in the Archive folder on the 1Password web site. I then emptied Trash on the Mac (I'm still using 7.6 on the Mac, so I never heard of "Archive" before.) The Archive on the web site is now empty, and so is the Archive on phone and ipad. I've killed Safari and 1Password several times on phone and ipad, but the problem persists.

The obsolete item is still in Recently Deleted on the web site (another feature I wasn't familiar with). I saw there is an option to Destroy it, but I suspect the iOS devices have no access to it.

Any thoughts about this problem?

1Password Version: 7.7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.5.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tonetony!

If you see differences in the suggestions between the app and the autofill suggestions, make sure that the Autofill extension has had time to refresh after you updated information in the main 1Password app. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

Does the login still show in the list now?

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member

That fixed it. Thank you! It does seem odd, though, that the app had never refreshed itself after months. Surely it refreshes at least when an update is installed from the App Store? Or, after a device reboot?

Is it possible that, on iOS, the Trash folder is referenced when offering login suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Tonetony:

That fixed it. Thank you!

You are very welcome! I am glad I could help :)

Surely it refreshes at least when an update is installed from the App Store? Or, after a device reboot?

I think it refreshes much more often than that. In case it doesn't for whatever reason, refreshing it manually usually helps ;)

Is it possible that, on iOS, the Trash folder is referenced when offering login suggestions?

I don't think this is the case: I tested it now, and the autofill extension did not suggest trashed items for me.

This discussion has been closed.