1Password does not let me login to Scotiabank Online on the iPad

JFortYork
JFortYork
Community Member
edited May 2021 in iOS

Oddly enough, I can’t login to Scotiabank Online when I open 1Password on my iPad and try to login. But, the same exact login from 1Password works fine when I use my iPhone or a Macbook.

Can someone help me?

I’m using 1Password 7.7.2 on my iPad.

1Password Version: 7.7.2 (iPad)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: iOS 14.5
_Sync Type: Syncing using 1Password account

Comments

• JFortYork
    JFortYork
    Community Member

Hello,

For some odd reason, I cannot login to Scotiabank Online when I attempt to login into on an iOS device.

I can login to Scotiabank Online perfectly fine using macOS though.

Please advise?
    Jason

1Password Version: 7.7.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: IOS
    Sync Type: 1Password Account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JFortYork!

When you say that you cannot login there, can you elaborate? What happens exactly when you try to login?

• JFortYork
    JFortYork
    Community Member

hi @ag_ana, what I mean is that the Scotia site doesn't accept my username/password even though the same set of credentials work when I try logging in via macOS.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JFortYork:

Thank you for the clarification. How are you logging in on iOS exactly? Are you letting 1Password fill automatically using the Autofill feature, or are you copying and pasting the credentials from the 1Password app when this happens?

• JFortYork
    JFortYork
    Community Member

@ag_ana

I am using auto fill. It's completely bizarre. I don't really get why it works fine when I'm using macOS, but doesn't work on iOS.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JFortYork:

macOS and iOS fill information on websites in a different way, so it's possible that some websites behave in a weird way on one platform but not the other. The interesting thing here though is that this Login is working for you on an iPad, but not on an iPhone, while they typically work on both types of device. Out of curiosity, are you able to login if you create a new Login item for this website, as a test?

This discussion has been closed.