Remove Account from Linux Client

johnnysheppard
johnnysheppard
Community Member

Hi, I've been trying out the new Linux client one office work station - it's very nice. I initially logged my personal acount into it and I'm now testing it with my companies trial of 1Password Business.

I was wondering though, how to stop an account from being used by the client? I'd like to remove my personal account from the client for the time being, but I can't see anywhere that allows me to remove it. I'm sure I'm just missing the option somewhere.

Is anyone able to help me?

1Password Version: 1Password for Linux 8.0.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @johnnysheppard

You can deauthorize devices from your account by signing in at https://start.1password.com/, clicking on your name in the upper right corner, and then selecting My Profile. From there you can click the gear icon next to the device you want to deauthorize which will bring up a prompt allowing you to do so. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• johnnysheppard
    johnnysheppard
    Community Member

Perfect, thanks @Ben, that's done the trick :)

• Glad to hear it! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! 😊

• jc00ke
    jc00ke
    Community Member

Hi there!

I just followed these steps on 8.1.2-82.BETA and the account I want to remove is still present, even after restarting the app.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• PeterG_1P
    edited August 2021

Hi @jc00ke, can you do a quick test for us - try to unlock that account you selected to remove? I'll be interested to know what happens.

(unlock it from this app, specifically - not from 1Password.com)

• jc00ke
    jc00ke
    Community Member

I would but it's gone now!

• @jc00ke Interesting! I'm not sure exactly what happened here, but it's possible it just needed time to sync (and thus, recognize the change that the account had been de-authorized from this device).

In any case, we believe you - and if you're able to reproduce this, feel free to let us know and we'll check it out in more detail!

• jc00ke
    jc00ke
    Community Member

Ah, it was on my laptop not my desktop, and it's still there.

When I tried logging in I was then presented with the "This account was removed" toast.

• Hey @jc00ke, thanks for following up with us about this, and sorry to hear the issue persists.

Just to double-check for the sake of our testing: were you able to unlock that account, "this account was removed" notification notwithstanding? Or did it show you that error message and not let you in?

• jc00ke
    jc00ke
    Community Member

When I put in my password that would have unlocked that account I was presented with the error message and it did not let me in.

• Confirmed, @jc00ke, thank you! The specifics really do help.

This sounds like a UI issue, so here's two steps to try, in order:

1. Type Ctrl + R to refresh the UI.
    2. If the account in question is still there, quit and restart.

I'll be interested to hear if that solves the issue for you! I have already passed your report on to our devs, so it is now on their radar.

• jc00ke
    jc00ke
    Community Member

Thanks for passing it on. That account is gone now; it disappeared after I was presented with the error message.

• Sure thing. Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.