How do I recover my 1Password password?

Timothy Arends
Timothy Arends
Community Member

Touch ID has suddenly stopped working in logging onto the 1Password app on my iPhone. It simply no longer gives me the touch ID button when I switch to the app, only a password field in which to type the password. I assume this is because my iPhone is older and I have not updated it to the latest OS. Touch ID login still works on my iPad Pro, which was updated to the latest iOS. It occurred to me that the convenience of touch ID has led to a new problem: I have become so used to logging into 1Password this way that I have forgotten the actual password for the app/service. How do I recover this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ertuy645yrthfh

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Timothy Arends!

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you:

Recover accounts for family or team members

• Timothy Arends
    Timothy Arends
    Community Member

Thanks. I looked at the linked page and concluded that I will have to export my data from my iPad while I still have access. However, on the page titled "How to export data from 1Password," it says to select the vault you want to export and then "Choose File > Export > All Items." However, there is no File menu on the iPad. How do I export from the iPad?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Timothy Arends:

It sounds like you are trying to follow the instructions for 1Password for Mac. The procedure on iOS will be a bit different. We will be happy to help you with this though. To avoid sharing your information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Timothy Arends
    Timothy Arends
    Community Member

this is my support ID:

[#NXC-24488-444]

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2021

@Timothy Arends

My colleague Tom replied to you earlier. I have resent his message to you. Can you check any spam or junk folders for his message?

ref: NXC-24488-444

This discussion has been closed.