How do I change my 1Password forum password

Options
SteveU75
SteveU75
Community Member

1Password reported that the 1Password forum site may have to compromised.

Not quite sure how to change the password on the site.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@SteveU75

If you are here now likely the password has been changed already. At the time of the incident, all of the passwords were cleared. However, there is this wonderful app that makes changing passwords a breeze. You will likely want to change it just to be on the safe side if you're unsure. The following link should take you to your profile page, where you can change your password.

https://1password.community/profile/password

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member
    Options

I got that link w some digging and was able to change the password but I was just wondering if there was a profile link on the site that offered you the option to change it in the future.

**“ However, there is this wonderful app that makes changing passwords a breeze” **

I haven’t found that to be the case, when I am in one password and click on a reported site to go to change the password on a site where there may be an issue it rarely ever takes me directly to the location on the web site where I can change the password. A prime example would be this experience where it took me to the site where I then had to find out how to change the password.

As a result of my efforts to review my potentially compromised passwords is going quite slow. ☹️

Am I missing something, is there a trick to get 1Password to take you directly to the location on the compromised site.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@SteveU75 As you're finding, every website puts its password change page somewhere different. The only way I know is to save the password change page as a URL in each Login item. At least then you only need to find it once!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Adding the password change page as a URL is the only way as far as I know to let 1Password know exactly where the password page is :+1:

This discussion has been closed.