How do I get 1Pass to offer to remember passwords

SteveU75
SteveU75
Community Member

I have a bunch of passwords that need to be modified and I was hoping to have one password generate the password and then remember it.

I was also considering having Apple password generate a password but then having 1password remember it.

I haven’t been able to get 1 password to offer to remember it

Comments

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member

How do I get one password to automatically fill in the passwords or at least offer to fill them in.

I went into iOS settings and selected 1password as an option to automatically fill the passwords. But is there a way to further automate it so that in 1Password I can just click on the entry in 1Password and have it log me in?

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member

Cross posted

I am confused, are you saying that one password will not offer to remember a password that you create manually or w iOS generated paswords.

I read some where about a convoluted process where you had 1Password generate a password and then you cut and pasted it.

I am looking at the tutorials now but was wondering if you could give me a pointer on how to get 1 password to remember the passwords

I’m coming from RoboForm and if I made my own password or used the iOS passwords feature to generate the password, RoboForm would then offer to remember it.

Does 1Password have an equivalent option?

• bigwrench
    bigwrench
    Community Member

I would like to know as well!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SteveU75, @bigwrench:

Once 1Password is enabled in the autofill settings, it should suggest the correct login details when you visit a website with a login form:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

It won't do everything automatically for security reasons, but it will popup above your keyboard, suggesting login information to fill in the form for you :+1:

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member

But if I use the iOS safari to create a password or just create my own what do I need to do to get 1Password to offer to remember it?

Once 1Password is enabled in the autofill settings,” where do I find that setting? Is it in Safari, in iOS settings, in 1Password app settings in the app or under iOS settings/1Password

Thanks,

Steve

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member

I am in 1Password and I click on a website and it goes to the website login page but does not fill in the user name or password.

Www.aaa.com

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member

I am trying to clean up my passwords.

In one password I click on the website. It will typically take me to the login webpage, usually it does not fill In he login information. I have to click in the login field and the click on the iOS password option, select 1Password then Touch ID,

Is that normal behavior on iOS. I thought I could just click on the website in one password and it will just automatically log me in. Either in the 1Password browser or in Safari.

If for whatever reason the password is incorrect and I then select the iOS password manager and then fill it in and hit return and then Safari logs me in but one password does not prompt to update the password for the website.

So then I typically go into setting/passwords copy the password then go back and open 1Password and past the correct password in.

Painful. 500 passwords to go.

I thought I would just be able to go to all of the websites in 1Password list and once I entered in the correct password it would remember them. Isn’t it supposed to offer the option to remember the password?

Does it do that on the Macintosh?

Is there a Safari extension required on iOS?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

Hi @SteveU75!

If you are using the password autofill feature in Safari, then yes, you need to first select a login field to be shown your Login options, it does not fill credentials automatically (like 1Password for Mac does it, for example).

I thought I would just be able to go to all of the websites in 1Password list and once I entered in the correct password it would remember them. Isn’t it supposed to offer the option to remember the password?

This is the way it works on the Mac. iOS however works differently since it does not use a browser extension like the Mac. On iOS you will indeed have to copy and paste the password after you have generated a new one.

(I have also merged all the various discussion into one so we have everything in one place :+1: )

This discussion has been closed.